Why We Love It Here
Markland Wood is a close community of neighbours with a friendly, comforting atmosphere. You’ll often see families outside and children playing on the quiet, winding streets. Markland is one of the western-most neighbourhoods in Toronto, so it has a more suburban feel. There are great schools in the area, including Silverthorne Collegiate Institute which has a special High Performer Program for elite athletes.
What To Do & See
For a day of shopping and entertainment, or to take care of your errands, Sherway Gardens Mall is conveniently close by. The nearby Centennial Park also holds a Ribfest every year that brings in people from all over the city. For access to public transit, Kipling subway station is just a few minutes’ drive or a short bus ride away.
The Local Claim to Fame
The nearby Centennial Park includes a track and field stadium, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, golf course, ski hill, and the Olympium community centre. Many schools host athletic events here, which adds to the active, family feel of the area.
Markland Wood Real Estate
This neighbourhood consists of mostly detached family homes. There are also some apartment buildings around Mill Road and Burnhamthorpe Road, which are great for young couples or seniors looking to downsize and stay in the area.
- Millwood Junior School (JK-5)
- Eatonville Junior School (JK-5)
- Bloordale Middle School (6-8)
- Silverthorne Collegiate Institute (Athlete Program & 9-12)
- Karen Kain School of the Arts (6-8)
- Etobicoke School of the Arts (9-12)
- St. Clement (Catholic Elementary)
- St. Elizabeth (Catholic Elementary)
- Michael Power/St. Joseph (Catholic Secondary)