Why We Love It Here
The community of Princess Rosethorn has a very neighbourly feel. The local kids are often out playing and biking around the streets, and the school districts are ideal–Princess Rosethorn real estate is within the Richview high school district, one of the most popular high schools in the city. This neighbourhood is popular with families and seniors because of the more serene environment they can enjoy while still having the conveniences of the city.
What To Do & See
The golf courses are fantastic in this area, and the Thorncrest Plaza is a convenient shopping stop in the neighbourhood with a grocery store and selection of fine shops that all suit the Princess Rosethorn lifestyle. There are buses that run-down Islington and Kipling to the subway stations, so you can easily access public transportation.
The Local Claim to Fame
This neighbourhood is home to some of the city’s best golf clubs, including St. George’s Golf and Country Club as well as the Islington Golf Club. These clubs add to the active, social feel of the neighbourhood.
Princess Rosethorn Real Estate
The majority of the Princess Rosethorn real estate consists of freehold homes but there are some condominiums as well. The houses in this neighbourhood are grand family homes; most sit on large lots and many residents have swimming pools. The Princess Rosethorn real estate is more spaced out and in the heart of Southern Etobicoke, so more residents tend to drive.
- Rosethorn Junior School (JK-5)
- St. George’s Junior School (JK-5)
- Princess Margaret Junior School (JK-5)
- John G Althouse Middle School (6-8)
- Martingrove Collegiate Institute (9-12)
- Richview Collegiate Institute (9-12)
- Karen Kain School of the Arts (6-8)
- Etobicoke School of the Arts (9-12)
- Our Lady of Peace (Catholic & French Immersion 2-8)
- St. Gregory (Catholic & Extended French 5-8)
- Bishop Allen Academy (Catholic Secondary)
- Kingsway College School (Private 1-8)